Popular Posts

Monday 24 October 2011

Year of Homemade Gifts - whose brilliant idea was THIS?

So... I joined this craftalong at Craftster.org.

Okay... okay... I STARTED this craftalong at Craftster.org. It's a Year of Homemade Gifts. I (and actually quite a few other people) committed to making homemade, or at least "seriously discounted as to remain frugal" gifts from September 1, 2011 to September 1, 2012. I thought - I can DO this. NO problem. I make jam, I make pickles, I can sew and knit and crochet and paint and make cards and stuff. Hubby does woodworking - we're ALL Set.

The truth. It hasn't even been 2 whole months yet, I can't do this. I'm INSANE. WHAT. WAS. I. THINKING?



Seriously. Right now I'm trying to simulataneously knit a cardigan, make jam, can pickles, make Christmas cards, prep for a Hallowe'en party AND take care of two toddlers and keep my house clean. HA!

Yup - NUTSO.

This year is going to kill me. Or at least make me certifiably wacky. And here's the worst part. The craftalong people (well, all people on Craftster) are AMAZING. They're SOOOOO talented, and encouraging and wonderful and I started the damn thing and now I'm stuck. Sonofagun!

I'm sticking to my guns... or... knitting needles or whatever though. We ARE going to do this. It's going to be an insane year of madness... but we will make it through.

I think.

I hope.


Oh lord, whose freakin' idea was this?
I need tea.


oh - and if you're interested, you should TOTALLY go check out www.craftster.org because it's mindblowingly awesome and there's like ten ga-jillion super talented people on there that will inspire YOU TOO to do something ridiculous. And awesome. And isn't that the best kind of awesome? The ridiculously awesome. That's what gets me through the night....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!