Popular Posts

Monday 30 January 2012

For the love of the Doctor - Craft-o-rama

I've just participated in a One Tiny Thing swap on my fave crafting website Craftster. The theme for the swap was Doctor Who - which I've recently become a HUGE fan of.

In any case, my partner received today and now I can post pics here of the Doctor related crafts I made :)
*I am not affiliated in any way/shape/form with BBC, Doctor Who or anything of that ilk. I do not sell these items, and they were made in the spirit of fandom pure and simple*

The most difficult craft I managed to put together was an honest-to-goodness "Bigger on the Inside" TARDIS tote. How? A foldable tote of course! I lined the bag as well, box stitched the straps to make sure they were strong and secure, made sure that the pouch was still useable as a pocket pouch when the tote was in use, and freezer paper stencilled on the TARDIS on the pouch and "Come Along Pond" on the other side.






I also made her a companion's trinket box, which has "Amy" in Gallifreyan on the lid (because Amy Pond is her fave companion and also... my partners name is actually Amy). It's decoupaged with TARDIS blue paper, and lined with TARDIS blue broadcloth which was layered over fusible fleece and card. I also wrote one of MY fave quotes about the Doctor on the underside of the lid.



Lastly I included some Doctor Who inspired jewellery. A necklace with the doctor's name in Gallifreyan on shrink plastic, a Deco-Dalek pendant, and some TARDIS key earrings!




Whew! That's a lot of Doctor related crafts! But I had lots of fun making them and my partner says she's happy, so success!

Now, how to find another excuse to make Doctor Who crafts... hmmm...

Tea.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say how excited I am that all these wonderful crafts live at my house now! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!
    I'm glad you're so happy with everything! This was a fun excuse to make some Doctor Who crafts! Not something I get a chance to do all the time, that's for sure...
    Tea.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!