Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Well 2012 - let's see what'cha got!

SO.... I took a little break from blogging - mostly because I was crafting my lil' fingers right down to the bones trying to get everything done for Christmas. It was a hard slog - but we made it. The grand total?

  • MANY jars of jam, pickles, sauces, etc. Too many to really count
  • 1 pair of knit socks, men's size 12 for my brother-in-law - the FIRST socks I have ever knit, especially considering I just learned to knit in the round this past year. They fit - hallelujah!
  • 3 freezer paper t-shirts - 2 for my other brother in law: a Star Trek inspired red t-shirt that says "Expendable" and a blue shirt that says "I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong". (If you know my b-i-l, you'd understand). And one black on black tee with the batman symbol and the words "I'm Batman" in batman font in the middle (batman/big bang theory fans) for my hubby
  • A gaming pillow for my sister's boyfriend. He has a bad back and needs something a little bit more supportive to lean on when hanging out at home. He called it a torso pillow because I made it out of a sweatshirt - hey - as long as he likes/uses it - he can call it whatever he wants!
  • 2 super hero capes, personalised with freezer paper, and 2 super-hero utility belts with flashlights, noise stick thingies, and pouches for my two lil'heroes 
  • knit infinity cowl for my super-fash sister who works downtown (and knew what it was right away - thank goodness - since my Mother looked at it said "What IS that")
  • 1 knit slouchy hat (by request) for baby sis plus a huge vinyl purple flower pin, hand sewn
  • 1 pair of knit mittens for my sister-in-law
  • A knitting loom - made by hubby for my mother-in-law
  • A rain stick, made out of abs pipe, filled with kidney beans, and modge-podged like crazy for my Dad
  • A knit cardigan for my Mom (my first ever real garment)
PLUS I made all of our Christmas cards
PLUS I did the requisite amount of Christmas baking

I. Was. Exhausted.



And then Christmas day my bigger kiddo was SOOOOOO sick and miserable, and he didn't even really get to enjoy the day. :(

But we all got spoiled - including me. AND I got a new sewing machine for Christmas :D Yay!

And now.... now - it's 2012.
And people ask me things like "So, make any new year's resolutions"
And I'm like "Uh.... blerg.... to.... um.... y'know.... not... do stuff... or something?"

Yeah. I'm not so good with resolutions. Every year I sit and I think - I should really make a list of goals or at least plan out some... something or other.... and then I don't. And then things sneak up on me SUPERFAST... and then I get all stressed out and feel unprepared and blah.

So this year, THIS YEAR, I'm gonna do it. But just what that is... I don't know.

We're still committed to our year of homemade gifts until September 1, 2012 - and that's cool, because I've gotten over Christmas now... so my first resolution is: To plan ahead and stay on top of my homemade gifts.

Okay - what else.

I resolve to...... oo ooo  - Organise my house! But.... to really get that done I'd have to resolve to keeping my husband, kids and dog all in one room for the rest of the year. So.......... yeah.

I resolve to - try new things! Maybe. If I get around to it.

Okay - here's the real deal. This year for 2012 - I'm going to resolve to try and be happy. Now - I know that doesn't sound like much, but realistically - there's a LOT that gets in the way of our happiness... and I'm going to try and declutter. Both my house... and my emotional life as well. I've recognised over the past couple of years that there are things/people/commitments/expectations that get right in the way of me being actually happy. And, I'm tired of not being happy.

So - happiness. Bring it on 2012. Let's see what'cha got.

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!