Popular Posts

Saturday 20 October 2012

What Mama Wears - date night

Do you ever long for "date night"? I'll admit that I do. I loved getting dressed up, waiting to see the bf's (now the hubs) reaction when I walk down the stairs - I want him thinking "Yeah - I get to go out with HER tonight!" But, once you're a Mama, your calendar doesn't exactly lean towards time for 'date night' and your wardrobe tends to lean a lot more towards "is it functional"  or "is it comfortable" than "is it hot"? So... how to make my mama-denim date worthy? and still be comfortable?

Well here it is!

Denim Date-Night

A cute little tank with lots of ruffles (hides the mama-belly - yeehaw!), over my super-comfy yoga style "jeans" a little bolero and some comfy heels  = one hot mama for date night!


Jeans: Reitman's / Tank top: Ricki's / Bolero: Ricki's / Heels: Payless / Ring & Necklace: PLBrowne / Bracelet: My own Mama brought it back from Cuba



Extra bonus in that we got to go to a real "adult" restaurant (think cloth napkins, and our waiter didn't write his name backwards and upside down on the table with a crayon - in fact, I don't even know our waiter's name... and I don't care!), eat our dinner slowly, talk about adult things without being interrupted to answer weird questions... and come home to a house with no kiddos since they were at a sleep-over at my parents' house. Thanks Mom & Dad!


So there you go! That's what Mama wears on a date. And I can assure you, that not only did it look good, but it was super comfy too! Double yay!

Tea.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a fantastic outfit. You look wonderful.

    It sounds like you had a great evening to match your wonderful outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did! And thanks! Now... how to convince the hubs that we need a date night MORE often? And... where do we get more free babysitting?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!