Popular Posts

Monday 8 October 2012

What Mama Wears - Thanksgiving Weekend Edition

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all ate way too much turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and pie and all manner of other totally awesome Thanksgiving things. I know I did!

I also wanted to share a quick couple of outfits with you from my Thanksgiving weekend.

The first is a really simple, totally comfy fall look.

Fun & Fab Fall

SO - honesty time: If it were up to me, and I didn't care a whit about fashion or what other people thought of me I'd probably wear pyjamas 6 out of 7 days a week. No lie. So, most of the time when I'm getting dressed, my number 1 concern becomes "is it comfortable?" Because if it's not, I'm not wearing it. When you're a Mama, you need clothes that can move with you. While wearing this outfit I packed up a car, carried toddlers, walked up and down our cottage road, pulled a wagon, took pictures, laid down on top of a random stump at the side of the road, sat in a car for several hours, lounged, ate a full turkey dinner and went on home. It was comfy 100% of the time. I'll admit - I took the sweater off after dinner. 20 ppl and a cooked turkey in my mother's house is a recipe for a Thanksgiving sauna... otherwise, not a single issue with this ensemble all. day. long. Just the way I like it.

This is a simple plaid button down paired with a sweater, skinny jeans and boots. The hubs took this pic while we were walking up and down our cottage road (hence the furbaby) and I took the "awesome" self portrait so you could see my earrings. Cute right? 

Mini-cable Sweater by Chaps - Value Village / Plaid Button down - Ricki's / 
Sweetheart Skinny Jeans - Old Navy / Carlos by Carlos Santana books - Famous Footwear / 
Earrings - Claire's



On Sunday morning I sang a solo during our two church services, so while our second service is usually fair low-key and casual I wanted to dress up a bit. And so - the Dotty Diva was born!

Dotty Diva

Okay - peplums are freakin' EVERYWHERE right now. And honestly, the first time I saw one I thought "Wow. That looks stupid". But then I tried one on. And I realized something. I was being stupid. Mamas - listen to me: If you have the post-baby belly - the peplum can be your best friend. Seriously. Hits you nice and tight at the smallest part of your waist and with a bit of feminin flair all that baby belly just disappears! It's like frickin' polka dot magic up in here. Make sure you're wearing something really streamlined underneath though, because the peplum flairs out, it looks wonky with a really big voluminous skirt or flowy pants. So I paired my new polka-dot peplum with an old pencil style skirt and some fun polka dot tights. And voila! I was ready to belt it out on Thanksgiving morning in style.

Polka-dot Peplum - Charlotte Rousse / Pencil skirt - Ricki's / Polka-dot tights by George - Walmart / 
Fioni Night kitten heels - Payless Shoes

This was super fun to wear and I got a few compliments as well! So that's a bonus... and even better - the boys spent about 5-10 minutes playing connect the dots on my legs as we waited for the second service to start. Now THAT'S getting double duty out of your clothes. ;)

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!