Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Day 2 - Raging Meltdowns...

Whew - Day 2 of Mommy only m-f is almost over. Thank goodness. Today was the day of the raging meltdown. Our big'un is almost 3 1/2 and boy oh boy is he ever testing his limits these days. Sometimes we can have a good laugh, when we get things like "Mommy - I have to talk you some questions." "Uh... okay buddy, what?" "Um, I don't want to (eat dinner, be nice to my brother, wear pants, etc)" "Babe - that's not really a question..." but when it comes to things like a raging, screaming, limb flailing, dish throwing super-sonic meltdown because HE wanted the RED cup (which has been his brother's cup ALL. DAY." NOT the GREEN cup (which he just asked for)... then it becomes a little tough.

Now, generally, we just try and reason with him, tell him WHY he can't have the red cup, and him know that his real option is the green cup or nothing... but tonight that resulted in him body-checking the dog (good thing the dog is good natured) and then practically throwing himself down the stairs while screaming "NO green cup, NO nothing, NO bed, NO dinner, NO (little'un) having the RED cup, NO!" Yeah... that's when I decided to sit down on the kitchen floor. It wasn't very effective. He's not really moved by silent protest.

So I just picked up Captain Meltdown, carried him up to his bed, and left him there to scream himself hoarse.



3 more days, 3 more days, 3 more days...

I told hubby before he left that when he got back, I was going on a business trip.

He goes - Oh yeah? What kind of business trip? (I drive a school bus, we don't exactly go away on business)

I said - an MYO Business* trip.

He didn't go for it. :P I still might.

Tea.


*MYOB - mind yer' own... you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!