Popular Posts

Monday 14 November 2011

The I want Daddy...s

It starts... hubby's gone, left this morning at around 5:45 am. We've been trying to explain to the boys for a few days now just how long Daddy's going to be gone (5 days, 1 work week, Monday until Friday, etc etc etc) and this morning I was thinking that our big'un (3 years old) was finally getting it. Nope... not so much. The I want Daddy's have already started.

This morning on the bus:
Big'un: Mommy, the kids wouldn't give me a high five and now I'm sad...
Me: Oh, I'm sorry Buddy! What would make you feel better, a hug?
*(nope)
Me: A glass of milk?
*(nope)
Me: A muffin?
*(nope)
Me: Well, what then? Anything you want.


Big'un: I want Daddy...
Me: *sigh*

Then the conversation starts all over again.

You can't have Daddy, bud. Daddy's gone away for work. He'll be back on Friday, okay?

Back tomorrow?

No.... tomorrow is TUESDAY. Daddy will be back on Friday.

Oh.... that's tomorrow?

..................... let's go home.

It's gonna be a long week. As soon as we got home, the little'un goes: Daddy! ... Are you?
*sigh*

I need tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!