Popular Posts

Sunday 13 January 2013

What Mama Wears - one t-shirt, 3 ways

As a Mom, sometimes my most major concern for clothing is comfort, and then multi-wear potential. I LOVE a good piece that can be worn with many many different items. Obviously a classic white t-shirt is one of those items. Now, that said, I like something that tweaks the classic just a little bit. So when I found this shirt at Joe Fresh a couple of years ago - I should've bought 10 of them, because I never could have known how often this sweet little pintuck tee would find it's way into my wardrobe.


A Little Bit Country...

When I wore this outfit to church, a friend cheekily asked me if my horse was parked outside... So yeah, I can see how it's a little bit country, but it's still totally wearable. This great chiffon pleated skirt is the right length to wear with either boots or heels without looking uncomfortably short. Paired with my favourite white tee and a cute purple jacket makes this outfit church-worthy and comfortable to wear.



Belted Comfy Cardi

Later in the day I kept this tee on and switched my "country" kicks for comfortable but still dressy grey pants, and a great comfy cardigan. Cinching the cardi with a belt defines my waist and switching up accessories to a magnetic necklace (styled by my 4yr old) and large face watch was a fast and easy way to go from church to daywear. 

Out And About

The cardigan, while super comfy, doesn't work well under pretty much any jacket, so a quick switch from cardi and belt to a nice cream faux leather zip-up jacket makes an easy transition for running errands.



So there you have it. The same classic white tee, switched up a bit by having a sweet pin-tuck ruffle at the neckline makes an easy transition with lots of other topper pieces. Investing in a few key classic pieces can make your wardrobe feel much larger than it actually is. And I'll be challenging myself to find new ways to wear many of the pieces I have in my wardrobe.

What's your favourite classic piece to wear with everything?

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!