Popular Posts

Thursday 11 July 2013

Make it! Skater dress to Hi/Low Peplum refashion

This Mama LURVES peplums. We've talked about this before. If you're a curvy gal like me, a peplum can be your best dang friend I tell ya. I admit, when they first came about I wasn't hopping on the peplum train right away, but once I tried one on, my eyes were opened. I had a peplum conversion... a peplumversion if you will.

Another trend I wasn't about to jump on right away was the whole hi-low thing. A lot of the dresses and such that I see out there are super short (think 60s minis) in the front and practically train length in the back. Uh... no thanks. But recently I've seen a few much more subtle hi to low options and I thought I would try it out with this refashion.



I happened upon this skater style dress outside my local GT Boutique (that'd be Giant Tiger kids) for $5.00. Yup, FIVE BUCKS. Since it was red, I couldn't pass it up, and I knew I'd be able to make it wearable for me, since it sure wasn't in its current state/length.

Seriously friends... SHORT.

So I took a measurement from my natural waist (where, thankfully the seam line on the skater dress actually hit) to where I thought a peplum should fall. It was approximately 9 inches. I then laid out the dress sideways, made a mark about 9 inches down from the front and just went to town and cut a new hi/low hemline. It was $5. Be adventurous.
I then laid it out flat and evened up my crazy cut lines before I turned up the edge twice and hemmed it. Simple!

Now slap that baby on with a belt (or 2 or 3 or whatever floats your boat) and rock it with some skinny jeans or a pencil skirt or whatevs!

Not bad for $5.00!


I'm planning on wearing this on Sunday, so you'll see it in a few days in a pin-spired What Mama Wears post!
What do you think? Have you ever refashioned?
Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!