Popular Posts

Sunday 14 July 2013

Pin to Real LIfe: Breaking the rules

Another Pin to Real life instalment!

So, just recently I refashioned a skater style dress into a hi-low peplum top (here), and I was initially going to style it the way I usually style a peplum, according to my rule that something with fullness on top should go with something trim and sleek like a black pencil skirt or cropped pants... but then I saw this pin and then this one (which I absolutely LOVED) and I thought - forget it! Mama's breaking the rules!

I paired this newly refashioned top with a previously refashioned tablecloth into circle skirt and a white belt, shoes and funky pearl necklace.



Breaking the rules and looking classy at the same time.









I actually think this outfit is indicative of this 50s style Christian Dior silhouette.

See? Sometimes breaking the rules is okay.
But, let me be clear: this does NOT apply to leggings. Just sayin'

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!