Popular Posts

Monday 8 July 2013

What Mama Wears: Ikat stop thinking about this skirt

Ikat stop thinking about this skirt. See what I did there? Ha!
Okay, all joking aside. I got this skirt from Walmart for a whole $5. Yeah. Five. Bucks. Baby.
Sweet. It's the simplest skirt in the entire world given that it's basically a tube with a waistband, but hey - it was $5, you get what you pay for. But, it's actually a decent weight fabric, it's stretchy as all get-out, and it has the ever so popular Ikat/Tribal print on it without being, how do you say, obnoxious, as a lot of the coloured versions of this print are.
 


See? Kind of obnoxious.







Anywho - normally I would pair this skirt with a peplum type top or a tailored blouse or something of that nature, but I wanted a slightly more comfortable, almost boho feel for this outfit. I went with a blouse that I normally wear OVER other items, never alone, never buttoned up, and a skinny belt (to show that I still, in fact, have a waist under all that fabric). A lot of times I see a pencil skirt styled with a loose blousey top, but as a busty gal if I don't belt the waist I look like I'm walking around wearing the big top ifyaknowwhatImean....






Add in some swingy fun jewellery and gladiator style sandals... and you're good to go!


 Also: this is what your hair looks like if it's super hot, you have curly hair and you don't want it to stick to you every. single. time. you. move.
Just sayin'

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!