Popular Posts

Friday 5 July 2013

What Mama Wears: Pinspired - Pin to Real Life #2

Another instalment of Pin to Real Life! I'm absolutely loving this challenge so far! I've actually started searching on pinterest using some of my wardrobe pieces as a search term and have come across some great outfits that I never would have come up with on my own. I have a tendency to just stick with the same outfit combinations over and over again... it's very easy to get stuck in a rut, putting the same pieces together over and over again just because we know that it works. This is a great way to get some new ideas of how to put together the pieces already in your wardrobe.

This time I was totally inspired by this look on Jessica Alba:

I love her combo of bright denim and a loose blousey button down in a print. She, of course, looks effortlessly put together, and fresh... I figured, at best, I could look dressed. I knew I already had these items in my wardrobe and they made a great, easy summer outfit. 







Button down: Old Navy / Tank: Walmart / Capris: Ricki's / Loafers: Walmart / Shades: Walmart
PS: You might not be able to tell but the print on this shirt is actually little acoustic guitars, which, for this musical mama meant that I was destined to purchase this shirt. Even the Hubs didn't argue with that one. ;)

Keeping in mind that I wore this outfit all day, AND had a toddler asleep and drooling on my arm for at least 1.5 hours of that day, I think it held up pretty well! And, it's not actually THAT far off the beautiful Ms. Alba's outfit!
Have you checked out Sarah's post explaining the Pin to Real Life Style Challenge? It can be found here: Pin to Real Life

It's a great opportunity to try out some looks you might not have worn otherwise, and then anyone who sees you in public will totally know how fashionable you are because they might have seen an outfit "just like what she's wearing, on pinterest!"

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!