Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 February 2013

What Mama Wears - Print Mash-up for the subtle

I love prints, and if no-one cared what I wore everyday I'd probably be walking around with a mix-mash of crazy prints on a regular basis. But as the hubs and the kiddos have to be seen with me in public, usually I'm required to tone it down a bit.

In any case, when I saw this bold print skirt at Walmart for only $8 (8 bucks!?) I had to snatch it up because I knew I could get away with some print mixing a little more subtly and wouldn't get any weird looks from the hubs or the littl'un (who I like to call my little fashionisto - seriously - everything has to "match" or he won't wear it.... picky kid).

I had some funky cable-esque tights that I picked up from Ricki's on a whim and mixed those up with this bold print skirt, a fun, slightly more than basic ruffled blouse, and the ever present see-I-still-have-a-waist belt to cinch everything in. Voila!


Skirt: Walmart / Tights: Ricki's / Blouse: Ricki's/ Shoes: Walmart (old) / Belt: Ricki's



Do you print mix? I'm going to try and get out of the house with a couple of slightly bolder print-mash-ups in the next little while, provided I don't get any weird looks from the men in my life when I come down the stairs in the morning.

Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!