Popular Posts

Monday 4 February 2013

What Mama Wears: Stripes and Solids

Who doesn't love a good cardigan. Seriously - I can't think of one person who doesn't. They're wonderful sweater creatures: warm enough to keep you toasty with several options for styling and level of warmth. Sleeves rolled up or pulled down, completely buttoned up, tucked in, belted - the possibilities!

I have to admit though, for a long time I unconsciously subscribed to the twinset version of wearing a cardigan. I don't precisely know why... but I'm telling you, if that sucker had buttons down the front I always gravitated towards wearing a matching solid shirt underneath it. But recently I've seen quite a few fashion blogs with a very simple stripe/solid mix with a cardigan. I know, I know, you're thinking - seriously Tea? You didn't think of this by yourself? Are you getting enough sleep? And the answers to those questions are yes, no and no.

But here it is - a lovely boatneck striped tea underneath my new fave boyfriend style button down cardi from the big W. Wearing a funky wrap bead bracelet ups the fun factor a teeny bit, but I felt put together and a teeny bit stylish in this little ensemble. Wearing a belt over a cardigan is a new thing for me, as well and I got to try out one of those fancy skinny belt knot things that all the cool kids do.

Cardigan: Walmart / Striped tee: Old Navy / Pants: Ricki's / Belt: Giant Tiger / Bracelet: gift


So, what do you think? Do you like the belted cardigan look? Or is it all a little too prep-school for you? I like it... you might even see it a little more often!

Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment - but please, be polite, be nice - and no trolls!